Father’s Day is coming, and as we all know, Dads deserve plenty of love and appreciation. This year, instead of the traditional “tie,” why not spend time together doing something fun? Here are seven ideas to get you started.
- Play (or learn to play) golf. Our Valley has more than 200 golf courses, some of which offer a Father’s Day deal or summer rates. GolfArizona.com by Golf Advisor can help you find courses, tee times, and more, virtually anywhere in the area as well as special deals and discounts.
- Go shooting. Summer trips to the desert or outdoor shooting ranges are no one’s idea of fun in the Phoenix heat. Instead, book some time with your Dad at one of the Valley’s indoor shooting ranges. Or check out the Father’s Day specials at local paintball experiences.
- Go fishing. There are actually more fishing spots around the Valley than you’d think, including the urban Tempe Town Lake. With summer heat, it might be a good idea to head to Mogollon Rim about two hours to the Northeast. In fact, make a weekend of it and camp at a location like Clear Creek Reservoir or Knoll Lake.
- Visit a museum. Here are three of our favorites. The Commemorative Air Force Aviation Museum in Mesa is home to a range of vintage military planes and memorabilia. If your Dad likes western history, Scottsdale’s Museum of the West is the pefect spot. And, for musical Dads, check out the Musical Instrument Museum.
- Enjoy nature from the Butterfly Wonderland to the famed Desert Botanical Garden.
- Hit the bowling alley. With alleys scattered throughout the Phoenix area, bowling provides the perfect outing for family fun in a cool environment. Many alleys offer deals for Dads, so be sure you ask when reserving your lanes.
- Get him something sweet. For dads with a sweet tooth, surprise him with a delicious delivery. You can find everything from freshly made cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries, to brownies, blondies, and cookies and have them delivered with a click of your mouse.
If you want even more ideas for fun things to do for Father’s Day? Check Phoenix.org/events regularly for activities you’re sure to love.