Mother’s Day is around the corner. Husbands and their children can be seen scrambling to find the perfect gift for mom on her special day. Yet, most do know what women really want. A recent article in the Huffington Post shared the inner most desires of most moms. We thought quite a few were worth sharing.
Moms want to:
- Sleep in.
- Have a glass of wine and sit by a fire pit.
- Get a massage and have an hour alone in silence.
- Enjoy a pedicure and to scroll through Facebook with no interruptions.
- Eat a cheese plate, drink wine, and indulge in cheese cake without feeling guilty.
- Have my house cleaned and I want it to stay that way for more than 24 hours.
- Wear lipstick and heels and have a place to go. I don’t want to go to a single park that day.
- Go shopping at Nordstrom and without a budget.
- Run through a flea market with no stroller and the sun shining in my face.
- Go to yoga and then have lunch with a girlfriend.
- Let someone else to the laundry (DELIA’S Cleaners can help with this).
- Avoid picking up after anyone for that whole day.
- Enjoy someone else’s cooking.
As you can see, it’s simple. Moms want time to themselves (even if it’s an hour), whether drinking coffee or sipping champagne in a bath.
So, here’s to motherhood! Let’s make sure this Mother’s Day your mom gets exactly what she wants.