You’ve probably heard or been part of a conversation about dry cleaning vs. home washing. We even have friends who claim they can clean anything at home perfectly. What they don’t know about is the unseen damage that cleaners, rough machines, and deeply set stains can cause in the long run. In fact, they are surprised when they take a shirt out to wear and see a yellow stain that appeared from nowhere!
Professional Dry Cleaning Benefits
Professional dry cleaning, while mandatory for certain fabrics and garments, is the better choice for most clothes and home decor.
Here’s a few reasons why:
- A wide variety of substances cause stains. Each requires a unique approach to truly get it out of the deepest part of the fibers. Some stains, like coffee with milk or flavorings, include multiple substances (protein, grease, chemicals) and require extra care. Using the same product on every stain and every fabric may work initially, but in the long run, it may cause permanent damage. Professional dry cleaners like DELIA’S Cleaners identify stains and their source, and then use the best treatment available. This removes the damage and protect the fabric.
- Home remedies and kits often use heavy fragrances to mask the odor of chemicals, some of which can damage clothing and pollute your home environment. At DELIA’S Cleaners, our environmentally-sound practices clean your clothes in the safest way for you, your clothes, and the environment.
- Home dry cleaning kits and solutions may not work on certain fabrics such as silk, suede, and leather. In fact, trying to clean these at home may cause permanent damage or set stains. DELIA’S Cleaners professionals are specifically trained to work with these fabrics as well as satin, sequins, and other delicate pieces.
- To truly get the best result, many items require additional services like steaming, starching, and finishing. Our specialized equipment ensures each item will look as close to new as possible. Our goal is to make you feel like you just walked out of the store.
- Many household linens and bedding are too big for home machines. This not only causes stress on the machines, but also prevents thorough cleaning. Bringing them to DELIA’S Cleaners ensures each piece will be properly cleaned and returned, stain-free and ready to use.
In addition to proper cleaning and care for your clothes, DELIA’S Cleaners is the green choice. As a certified Green Cleaners Council of America “4 Leaf” cleaner, we use processes that are safe for the environment.