There are a number of reasons to miss summer including the return of back to school laundry and dry cleaning. Developing a routine may be the best approach for you and your kids.
- Establish a laundry sorting station with hampers for colors, white, and dry clean. This will save you time and develop good habits early.
- Stock up on laundry supplies as part of your back to school shopping.
- Read care labels before purchasing or when you pick up uniforms for school, band, and sports. Always follow them carefully, and never try to wash “dry clean only” items.
- Set a timer on your phone so you don’t forget to move washing to the dryer. Have your kids help.
- Schedule trips to DELIA’S Cleaners weekly and be sure your family knows the day you’re going so they can be sure to add their clothes to the dry cleaning bin in time.
- Teach older children how to do their own laundry. That way the next time they say they have nothing to wear, they’ll know what to do.
BackTo School: College
Be sure your college students know these tips to keeping their clothes looking great all year long.
- Choose the right settings on the washer and dryer – read care labels. The gentle cycle can save wear and tear on some clothes, especially in machines that handle industrial-size loads.
- Buy and use mesh laundry bags for delicate or items you want to protect or keep together, like socks.
- Always use cold water. Air dry whenever possible on a line or a folding clothes-drying rack.
- Find a reliable, eco-friendly dry cleaner. It’s worth it to pay a little more in the long run if your clothes are returned in pristine condition.